Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Blog 24 - Last Presentation Reflection





  1. Positive Statement
    1. What are you most proud of in your block presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
      1. I am really proud of how I carried myself. My voice typically shakes a lot and I tense up and stand in the corner. I surprisingly wasn't insanely nervous once I actually got started.
  2. Questions to Consider
    1. What assessment would you give yourself on your block presentation?  Use the component contract to defend that assessment.
      1. AE 
      2. I think my activities explained my answers exceptionally well. I improved a lot from my prior presentations with my use of the powerpoint and way I spoke. 
    2. What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project? Use the component contract to defend that assessment.
      1. AE  
      2. I feel like I really worked hard this year and took the project seriously. Nearly all my sources were medical journals. My independent components totaled well over 100 hours and was actually something that will be helpful later on. I logged a total of 210 hours. My interviews, although not in person, were with major researchers(published 5+ medical journal articles on the topic) in the field of overcrowding. 
  3. What worked for you in your senior project?
    1. I kept on top of my deadlines. I tried to get mentorship hours out of the way early on which was helpful because once my EMT class started it made it nearly impossible to go. 
  4. (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your senior project?
    1. I wish I had done more interviews. They seemed like a pain in the beginning, but they actually became some of my best sources. 
  5. Finding Value
    1. How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.
      1. It pushed me to go out and make contact with experts in this field. I really improved my interview skills and presentation skills. Probably the most valuable, though, was being pushed to get my EMT certification. It wasn't something I could ever see myself doing on my own, but I am so glad I did it now. It is something that I will actually be able to do during college.  



No comments:

Post a Comment