Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep 1

I chose my senior project topic(emergency medicine) because it is something that I could see myself doing as a career. The biggest thing I am looking to gain from this project is a feel for what it's like to be an ER doctor. I think this is where my mentorship and independent component(completing an EMT course) will be the most helpful. Through this project I also hope to gain a better understanding of the inner working of the emergency room. I'd like to see how factors like insurance and crowds affect patient care. If I learn that factors like this really inhibit doctors from providing the best possible care, that could deter me from wanting to do this as a career. The biggest accomplishment that I am both dreading and looking forward to completing is the final presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment