Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blog 5 - Interview One Reflection



  1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?
    1. The most important thing I learned from this interview is more about the significance of overcrowding. My interviewee thought it was a great idea to focus on overcrowding instead of communication because it affects both patients and doctors. He also gave me some reasons why he thought overcrowding is so prevalent.
    2. For future interviews I would like to have more questions prepared. I felt like I had plenty, but during the interview my interviewee would go into a lot of detail on one question and end up answering questions I hadn't asked yet. It definitely threw me off because I felt like I wasn't asking enough questions, and the ones I did ask didn't flow together.
  2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?
    1. I didn't get any specific people that I could contact, but I see plenty of people at mentorship that my interviewee could help me contact if I need it. My interviewee just gave me general positions(EMT, paramedic) that I should talk to. 
  3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me?
    1. My interviewee is qualified to help me because he is one of the most experienced doctors at the ER he works at(20+ years experience). He has a lot of inside information and experiences that can only come from working in the field for so long. He is also able to compare how the speciality of emergency medicine has changed over the years. 

Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment